If you have pets, you will inevitably require pet odor removal at some point. Cardinal Clean is often called to help with difficult pet odors in the Phoenix area. We get asked a lot of questions on DIY pet odor removal; keep your home smelling fresh and clean with our tips!
Steps to Remove Pet Odor from Carpet
Carpet is absorbent, and a small accident or stain can quickly seep into the padding and subfloor. It’s essential to act as fast as possible when you notice pet urine or vomit on your carpet.
Here are the simple ways to clean your carpet using baking soda & vinegar
- Soak up as much of the stain as you can, then quickly saturate the area with an enzyme cleaner.
- If you don’t have an enzyme cleaner on hand, saturate the stain with vinegar, then sprinkle baking soda on top.
- The next day, or whenever the vinegar is completely dry, vacuum up the baking soda.
- If there is still a lingering odor, you can repeat this process as per requirement.
Eliminate Pet Odor from Upholstery
A very common question is how to remove pet odor from a microfiber couch.
- Start by washing anything removable – pillows, cushion covers, and blankets can all be laundered.
- Make sure to use the cold setting on your washing machine and rewash without drying until the scent is gone, as heat can set-in the stains and smells.
- Vacuum the couch to remove as much fur and dander as possible.
- Sprinkle baking soda all over the couch and leave it alone for 24 hours to soak up smells. The next day, vacuum again.
Pet Odor Removal from Wood Furniture and Floors
Removing pet odor from wood can be difficult. Cat urine, in particular, can permanently stain wood furniture and floors, so you need to act as quickly as possible.
Mop up any standing urine and apply an enzyme-based cleaner as quickly as possible. The sooner you act, the more likely it is that the pet odor will be removed.
Pet Odor Cleaning from Tile Floors
- If you have glazed tiles, pet odors can be cleaned with your regular tile cleaner.
- If you have a natural stone tile, we recommend you blot up any liquid with paper towels (don’t rub since it can spread the stain and possibly damage your tile).
- As urine dries, it can etch natural stone tiles. You will want to quickly clean the stain with specialty natural stone cleaners.
Professional carpet cleaning service for pet odors removal
Professionals have specialized carpet cleaning equipment that simply cannot be matched by store-bought or rented carpet cleaners. If you have stubborn pet odors, sometimes the best and easiest option is to call professional carpet cleaners to make quick work of removing the smell.
How to Keep Your Home Smelling Nice
For general pet odor caused by fur and dander, there are many products you can use to keep your home smelling fresh. These include:
- Pet odor removal candles
- Pet odor removal air purifiers
- Pet odor removal carpet powders
- Pet odor removal carpet shampooers
What’s the Cost of pet odor removal services
Cost of pet odor removal ranges from as little as $100 to $800 for a complete floor replacement. The cause of the odor, the seriousness of the problem, and the type of cleaning required are some of the factors which affect the cost of pet odor removal.
Cardinal Clean Pet Odor Removal
If you find yourself with a pet smell problem that you can’t solve, call the expert pet odor removal team at the Phoenix area Cardinal Clean and breathe easy again!