After a fire your home becomes vulnerable. It needs care and restoration. To restore what is damaged you need to first know where the damage is and it is important to start this restoration within 24-48 hours. It is a tedious process but doesn’t mean it can’t be made easy.
Here are 5 tips that will simplify the process of fire damage restoration for you. But keep in mind that these steps take a lot of work, time and skill. Also, our fire restoration contractors are here for you every step of the day.
- Get Rid of Mold & Mildew: After a fire is put out there is residual water that seeps into the walls. This can cause a serious case of mold and mildew which makes the environment of your house harmful. It can also contaminate your upholstery, furniture, mattresses, etc. Mold is something that needs to be treated by a professional and with concern. An immediate response to avoid this can remove or dry the affected drywall.
- Remove Smoke and soot Damage: Smoke and soot damage seems like the most obvious after-effects of a fire. These compounds can penetrate the building material and cause extensive damage. So, the way you tackle it is crucial. The process can get a little complicated. It is easier to hire a fire restoration contractor at Cardinal Clean. We use tools like air scrubbers, ozone treatments, and fogging to help remove soot and smoke from the property.
- Replace Carpets. Clean and Dry Your Floors: It is necessary to replace your carpets, and deep clean your home after a fire as they are the ones that end up absorbing the damage washed away by the water. The water may seep into the cracks of your flooring and remain unnoticed. You can do this yourself if you have experience and knowledge about flooring. But we recommend you hire a professional as these will go unnoticed.
- Scrub, Soak, And Cleaning Dishes: Scrubbing the dishes after a fire is important as they come in contact with your food. The best way to do this is by soaking them in bleach water before scrubbing them. Even then if any pots or pans still have stains you must throw them out, especially the rubber, plastic, and wooden ones.
- Limit Activity & Other Simple Steps: You must limit movement in the house right after a fire damage as the soot can get embedded in smaller areas like the creeks of your floors, your upholstery, or even your walls. You must wash your plants from both sides. It is advisable that you call Fire Damage Restoration Service professionals to do this for you.
Every fire is different, its cause, structure, and effect on your home. It is always better to hire a professional to take care of the damage and the restoration process. We at Cardinal Clean provide Fire Damage Restoration Services in Phoenix so that your home becomes as safe as it was before the fire.
Your house may never catch fire, but it’s always good to be prepared for accidents!